Summer Entrepreneurial Experience
In partnership with Study and Stay™ Entrepreneurship Program by EduNova and TD Entrepreneurship Inclusion Initiative
30 international students participated in the Summer Entrepreneurial Experience program Wednesday August 2. The opportunity provided student entrepreneurs with a transformational learning experience, while offering an opportunity to focus on the development of their own business while surrounded by resources. Funding of $20,000 was awarded to 13 student businesses.
This photo gallery shows students pitching their businesses, engaging in networking and a panel of international business owners.
• Applicant must be domestic or international student currently studying at a Nova Scotian post-secondary institution
• While there is no set GPA (Grade Point Average) requirement, students are expected to be in good academic standing and to have contributed to their academic and social communities.
• Participants are required to complete program milestones and have a good attendance during the Summer Entrepreneurial Experience program to be eligible to give a pitch session during our main in-person event scheduled for August 2nd at Saint Mary’s University to be considered for funding prize money
• You must have a LinkedIn profile.
Students will have an opportunity to pitch for up to $10,000, with $20,000 to be awarded in total to students as they build their ventures.
Note: The program cannot provide you with any kind of work authorization for running your own business, please confirm your eligibility with your Registered International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs) in your campus or institution. You should also be sure that you are able to accept the grant based on your permit. It is your responsibility to determine if your study visa allows you to participate in the program, please check before applying.
Applications for this year have closed.
- Program Overview
- Introductions and Facilitators
- Business Pitches and discussing deliverables
- Goal Setting
- Customer discovery overview
- Edu Nova Workshop 1
- Setting up SMART goals
- Customer journey
- Competition analysis
- Edu Nova Workshop 2
- Edu Nova Workshop 3
- Intellectual property
- Cyber security
- Fraud basics
- Protect your business from cyber attack
- Edu Nova Workshop 4
- Wrap-up event