The Arthur L. Irving Entrepreneurship Centre is driving Open Innovation to new heights and aims to become a leading force in Atlantic Canada.
Open Innovation promotes collaboration and knowledge sharing to generate innovative solutions to challenges. It operates on the principle of a dynamic knowledge cycle, which generates creative and unexpected solutions by facilitating collaboration and knowledge sharing within and across industries. It promotes experiential learning, while striving to overcome barriers to sharing knowledge and prevent the hoarding of skills and ideas.
We work closely with young, growing and creative businesses and tap into the talent pool of students, graduates and post-grads/alumni to provide them with the necessary support, including opportunities for innovation, knowledge sharing and networking.
- 4-hour hackathon sprint: Craft unique solutions for local business challenges
- Open to all Atlantic Canada post-secondary students
- Gain practical hands-on industry experience
- Compete for $2,000 in prizes
Business Design Challenge
- Business Design Challenge: Semester project in partnership with the Sobey School of Business MBA program
- Blend of online learning, seminars, workshops
- Culminates in personalized coaching
- Innovation Cup: running from Oct-Dec 2023 with a series of weekly challenges
- Saint Mary’s University Science, Business, Arts students eligible
- Transform ideas into businesses, no matter your background
- Compete for a $10,000 grand prize